The 2021 Annual Special – Travian: Tides of Conquest – is just around the corner. The first batch of gameworlds will start next week already.
On August 18th, 2021 we hosted a Discord AMA (Ask Me Anything) session with the Travian: Legends Game Designer, Jake, and something definitely caught our attention. Watchtowers and their effect on the attacking/planning war operation strategies were by far the most discussed topic.
As a consequence, last week our Game Design Team worked closely with the Ambassadors and made the decision to adjust how cities work in Tides of Conquest.
A village will now transition into a city after a cooldown instead of immediately.
How it will work:
- Transitioning to a city will take 24h for x1 and x2 speed gameworlds, 12h for x3 speed.
- Once the process is launched, the settlement (CP) slot is blocked and the action cannot be canceled.
- Conquering your own village while it is transitioning to a city does not cancel the city transition process. However, if the village is conquered by another player during the process, this aborts the upgrade and frees the settlement slot.
- Other players will be able to see that a certain village is currently transitioning to a city in the player profile.
- Hovering over the village name in the player profile and on the map will show the exact date and time when the transitioning process is completed. See the image below.
Important note: These adjustments are currently in the development stage and they will not be implemented at gameworld start. They will be added to the existing gameworlds at a later point through an update. We will inform you about the exact implementation date in a separate announcement.
Once again, we want to thank you all for your valuable feedback. See you on the battlefield!