We have some exciting news for you! As we mentioned in the last episode of #AskTravian 2019, we were working on our Official Discord Server for Travian: Legends… and now we are ready to launch it!
Starting from NOW on, you can join the server ➡️ here.
We know many of you already use Discord for your alliance and there are indeed quite a big number of unofficial Discord servers. With our server we do not aim to replace those channels, instead we would like to have a place where it is easier for both you and us to gather together and have a more direct relationship, and maybe, also meet new people.
How is the Travian: Legends Discord server organized?
For the launch, we have decided to have just a few channels to provide an accessible set-up even for those people that are not used to the platform.
Here is what you are going to see when you join:
#arriving: This is the first channel you end up on when joining our Discord server. This is the place where everything starts!
#guidelines: A read-only channel that lists our server Guidelines. If you have any doubts, you can always double-check there.
#announcements: A read-only channel that will display Travian: Legends news and updates.
#discussions: This is the center of the village, where the magic happens. All exciting discussions about the game take place here.
#players-help-players: If you have questions or if you are looking for help, drop a message here and other players or our moderators will help you.
#game-suggestions: Do you have a cool idea for the game? Do you have a pain-point that you would like to address? Here is the right place to do it.
#off-topic: Do you want to talk about music? Share a cat video or a gif? Talk about the latest Marvel movie? There you go, here we talk about topics that are not related to Travian: Legends.
#discord-stats: You can find the statistics about our Discord server here.
#voice channel: A voice channel that can be used for events, presentations and chit-chat.
What about guidelines? What is the behavior we expect you to follow on Discord?
On the Discord server the official Discord Community Guidelines apply. In addition, to make it a pleasant experience for everyone, we also ask you to follow a few rules:
- Be polite to each other – Attacks are reserved for the battlefield, and the battlefield only. Threats, hate speech, belittlement and similar behavior has no place in this game and its community!
- Be nice – Avoid being offensive in name as well as comments.
- Be part of the conversation – Spam and going off-topic is making it hard to follow a discussion.
- Consider what you post – Make sure not to advertise, share private information or post any harmful content.
- Trolls are not welcome – If you are here to troll or flame discussions, please don’t take your sandals off yet.
- Be yourself and stay safe – Team members will always be marked as Travian Team in Discord and will never ask you for your password! Keep important information like your real full name, e-mail address and password behind some level 20 walls at all times.
- Find the right place to post – Our channel descriptions will usually tell you where a topic will fit best. You can always approach us if you see the need to have an additional channel. We will grow with you and will do our best to make this a welcoming home for our community.
- Private stays Private – Private messages within the game of Discord may only be published with the consent of both parties.
The Moderators on our Discord servers are your first point of contact to assist you with questions, day-to-day business and they are of course there to moderate. It’s the team that will make sure users on the server follow the guidelines. In case you have any issues with another user, please contact them to resolve it via private chat.
If you really cannot get along with someone, we highly suggest you to use the BLOCK feature from Discord itself. This way you will be no longer shown their messages.
Some answers to general questions you may have:
- Are you accepting any applications for Discord Moderators?
Not right now, but we will consider it after evaluating the Discord server (within the next 6 months).
- Why are there no channels for specific languages/domains?
As mentioned, we are still in the evaluation phase and we want to start by supporting English only. Depending on the evolution of the server, we can evaluate language-specific channels in the future.
- Why is there no #bug-report channel?
When reporting a bug, our Team often needs to take a look at the data of your account. We don’t have this direct access available on Discord, which is why we encourage you to report bugs via in-game Support.
- Why are there so few channels?
As mentioned, for now we want to keep it small and easy so we can evaluate how things are working and learn how to manage it in the best possible way. We will evaluate the server after 3 months and see if there is a need for certain channels to be added.
This is a completely new field for us as well, so please be patient. We really hope that you enjoy this new environment in a mature and responsible way.
See you there!
Your Travian: Legends Team