Game Update ~ Automated Ban Punishment Offer ~ Customer Service
The most visible part of these improvements is the new in-game “offer and accept” penalty -feature. With it, the rule enforcement team can determine a penalty while issuing a ban to an account, and the player can then accept that penalty to continue playing right away! There will be no need anymore to message back and forth to get your account unbanned.
Below here, you can see how the process will look like:
- The rule enforcement team notices a violation of the game rules
- They ban the account and offer a penalty action based on the global guidelines
- As soon as the player does an action in the game, a pop-up window appears with the information about the ban reason and the penalty condition he/she needs to accept to resume playing.
- The dialog screen has a button to Agree on the penalty right away. When the button is pressed, the penalty is instantly executed, the account is unbanned, and the player can continue playing. There is also a link to contact the customer service team, in case the player wishes to talk further about the punishment directly with the team.
- After the player clicks “Agree” on the penalty dialog box, the game sends an in-game message to the account which contains the information about the penalty executed.
- The dialog box also contains the information about the time left until the offer is executed automatically. In all cases, the offered penalty is executed after 48 hours from the moment the ban is issued. This means that any banned players will get back to the game latest after 48 hours, but he can agree with the penalty offer at any time he wishes during the countdown.
- Even if punishment is applied, you can still reach out to the Customer Service team to get your case reviewed and receive additional information.
Q: Why 48 hours? Why do we need that timer at all?
A: The timed unban removes a long-time issue of “being in protection of a ban”. We know that in some ban types the account is opened to attacks after a certain timeframe, while still remaining unable to do actions… unlocking the account with penalty gives at least chance to react.
Q: What if “punishment” is about account deletion? The account will be just gone in 2 days?
A: Account deletion is a separate process and type of punishment. Same rules as before apply to it (5 days of deletion + additional delay due to recent gold purchase if applicable).
Q: The automatic punishment is an issue for people who are away for a few days and let sitters run the account in the meantime. The account owners have no chance to appeal the ban before the punishment is applied.
A: In general, our aim is not to ban innocent and apply punishment only in cases where we have hard-proof of violating the rules. With our future dedicated team & full multihunters training, the number of false bans will be much lower.
Q: What if the ban was unfair and the player accepted the punishment? Will the punishment be reversed? Will there be any additional compensation in those cases if user half-rebuilt account (spent gold etc.)?
A: We would like to emphasize that with the future punishment system there is less chance that account has been banned by mistake. Therefore, we do not expect false bans to happen that often. However, yes, there is an option to reverse punishment. Each case will be handled individually. In general, if you believe that the ban is issued by mistake, we still recommend you use “contact support” button. The case will be looked closely by our rule enforcement team and needed actions are taken.
We hope that this new process simplifies the communication in regards to rule enforcement and punishments, and especially cut down any delays in the communication about these actions.