There is no life without progress. There is no action without changes. There is no strategy without good balancing.
After collecting feedback from thousands of players, we came up with the following balance changes. The new values will be effective on all game worlds that start after January 1st, 2019.
Changes include some units and hero item adjustments, building effects, alliance bonuses, and general statistics.
To make the units requirements and characteristics more balanced, we reduced carrying capacity of the Steppe Riders and increased research requirements for Resheph Chariots and Equites Caesaris.
Fighting strength of the hero items has been adjusted to make it more balanced through the whole game round. We also increased CP production of the Tier 3 helmet and limited artwork usage to 1 every 24 hours.
* The change will be implemented only on Classic (not Annual Special) version and is still subject to the server speed factor (base day/server speed).
** Helmets on x3 speed servers will give 50 / 200 / 800 CP respectively. Artwork cooldown on speed servers will be calculated similarly to bucket cooldown period: (24 hours / (RoundDown (Speed/3) + 1)
We kept the Egyptian hero resource production, and at the same time increased it to all other tribes to make resource distribution fairer, especially on the early stage of the game. The table below shows how much of each resource/specific resource per hour will each hero produce per attribute point.
In order to give more fair chances to smaller alliances, we increased Philosophy and Commerce alliance bonus effects and, at the same time, reduced the required resource donations.
It will be possible for Teutons to build the brewery up to level 20, and therefore to increase their power by 20%. These changes will also affect base costs and building times for brewery.
The Trade office will give a 20% carrying capacity on all servers instead of 10% per level (was only an Annual Special feature before).
The Tournament square level will give a 20% speed increase on classic servers instead of 10% per level (was only an Annual Special feature before).
We’re excited to introduce new statistics that will help you to get a better overview of the game:
- World progression – with some insights about the game world including the server day, accounts activated on the game world, and tribe distribution
- Resource rank – with raid, trade and production details in comparison to your own alliance and the entire game world
- Village strength rank – both for defense and attack in comparison to your own alliance and to the entire game world
- Culture point rank – per day and in comparison to your own alliance and to the entire game world
Now it’s time to do your best on the battlefield!
Or watch our game designer Jake talk about balancing…